- 1/2 kilo Mince beef
- 1 kilo Rice
- 4 medium size onions finely chooped
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chooped
- 1 Egg white
- 2-3 fresh green chillies finely chopped
- 1 and half cup Fresh coriander leaves
- 3 tbs paste of garlic &ginger
- Salt & red chillies to taste
- 1 cup yogurt mix with 1 tsp paste of Imli
- 3-4 Dried prunes(Allo Bukhara)
- 4 tbs Oil
1/2 tsp of Vinegar
- Small quantity of Black pepper , Cloves , Darchinny, bari Illaich , Small illaichi , tezpat leaves
- Kewra water
- Pinch of Yellow food color
Soak Rice in water.
Grind Mince beef &onion and mix well with salt , red chillies, half cup coriander leaves , green chiily and egg white and make kofta balls and set a side.
Heat oil and put cloves and paste of garlic & ginger in it and fry for a minute.
Then put chopped onions and fry untill they get brown.
Drain excess oil from onions and take them out and cool them.
Now grind onions, tomatoes together to form a smooth paste.
Heat oil again and put the onions & tomatoes paste in hot oil and fry till all excess water dries up.
Now put salt &red chillies, and rest of green chiilies, dried prunes and continue frying.
Then add Kofta and put the heat on low level and pour Yougurt on Koftas and mix with care and cover the lid on.Cook on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
In the mean time half boil rice in Salty water by puting 1/2 tsp of vinegar and all whole masalas(darchinny, Ilaichis etc)and drain them and put a side.
Now uncovered Koftas and fry them well. Remove from heat.
Now layer rice and Kotas with masala and don’t forget to make a layer of fresh coriander leaves and then rice on the top.
Mix Kewra water with yellow food color and pour on the top and cover with lid tightly and cook on very low heat for 15 mintues or more till rice looks to be tender.
Serve hot with Raita.